10.28.2010


It is a happy place
To be
Where oranges become
Winking jack-o-lanterns
Like tiny pumpkins –
Only much sweeter.

 
And it is even happier
To be
Where husbands become
Giggling companions
Like fairy tale princes –
Only much better.


And it is happier still
To realize
Your husband became
The only one you’d ever
ever
want
to carve
orange jack-o-lanterns with.

 
And he is
Unlike anyone else –
In the whole world.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I planned on doing this Saturday with peppers! Oranges would smell better...I may need to rethink my plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! This is such a great idea!

    Becki, just so you know - if someone were to ask me who I find inspiring, you would come to mind immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was 10 times more fun than I ever thought it would be! I think when you first told me of the idea my mouth dropped in bewilderment!! However after I gushed citrus orange all over my nice clothes I began having a riot of a good time!!!

    I love you my blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think, personally, that SISTERS would be a good sort of person to carve an orange with. But...of course...that's just little old jealous me sitting here gazing at your glowing orange orbs with eyes sparkling with inspiration.

    I like your oranges.

    Rynn

    ReplyDelete