9.30.2011

Q. What's better than having a little sister?


A. Having a little sister snuggled on the couch with my baby girl.


Rynn has been living with us this week because her husband is out of town. I love how she comfortably slips right into our little family and she brings a fresh spark of liveliness into our life. She makes us laugh and makes us dinner and she keeps us entertained by telling stories of her day at work and saying sweet things to me like:

"Oh, you don't look awful. You actually look a lot better than I imagined you to look."

And telling me I should choose herb names for all my children and name my next child "Parsley".

And it's a strange, beautiful feeling to be nestled on the couch next to my grown up little sister, watching her nuzzle my newborn baby and realize…

We're not little girls playing dolls anymore, imagining what our lives would someday look like.

This is real life, and it's better than I ever imagined it could be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thinking about you as a little girl thinking of what your life will look like makes me kinda overwhelmed with thankfulness!! Because I got you!!!! I hope to never take it for granted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little girls are all grown up...and making me so very proud!!!
    dad

    ReplyDelete