12.29.2011

Christmas Presents - Part 1

Christmas is over and the last of my homemade presents are finally completed. After a frantic rush to get them all done in time, I really am going to make all of my Christmas presents for 2012 in January this year. I already know what I'll be making…

I love making presents. I love giving handmade gifts.
Here's a few that I made this year.


1. Felt Flowers


I used this tutorial to make felt flowers. One became a pin for Mom, and the other made Rosemary's Christmas dress complete.


2. Polaroid Magnets

I saw some ideas for making Polaroid magnets on Pinterest, but they all seemed a little too complicated. For my magnets I printed a bunch of photos on cardstock and laminated the photos. Then I took big white magnet sheets and cut them into rectangles and glued the photos onto the magnets. It was incredibly easy, and they look absolutely adorable.


3. Paper Stars
My mom re-taught me how to fold beautiful German paper stars. My family has been making these stars for as long as I can remember, but it is one of those projects that require a refresher because it can be a little confusing at first. We dipped them in wax and added strings to create gorgeous ornaments. I found an online tutorial on how to make these here.



2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE FOR SURE THE MOST CREATIVE, AMAZING, AND BEAUTIFUL WIVES IN EXISTENCE!!!

    I felt that that statement deserved ALL capitol letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curled up in bed catching up on your blog! I remember your posts from the past 2 years on your handmade Christmas gifts and they are my favorite. Your fam is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete