1.04.2010

commitment

We have a plant that lives on the window sill in our kitchen. It "lives" in a perpetual state of dying.

I probably remember to water it once a month (maybe), and only when I suddenly notice that it is on the absolute brink of death. And then I mournfully apologize to it's wilted leaves, pour as much water into its parched soil as possible, place it back on the sill, and vow to never let it go that long without water ever again. But, a month later, I find myself in the same place as the last. Noticing a dying plant and reviving it just in time. And I can only imagine how maddening it must be to be dying of thirst - living only inches away from the water faucet.

I consider this one of my deepest faults - I'm sure my plant would agree.

And so, my resolution for 2010 is to learn to water my plants.

This resolution encompasses much more than just my dying plant on the window sill. In 2010 I am determined to "water" every area in my life. I want to be a woman who is committed to everything - big or small - that the Lord has entrusted to me. Whether it is house plants, my marriage, my design work, or my relationships. I am so, so excited to throw 100% into every area of my life and just see what happens!

2010 is going to be a beautiful year. My prayer is that 2011 will find me with a gorgeous green plant on my window sill and a well-watered life to go along with it. *smile*

Here lies my wilted plant. And if you look very closely, you can see my handsome Timmy's reflection in the window....

4 comments:

  1. a beautiful resolution...i hope this year pans out just as beautifully for you. :)

    p.s. my house plant gets mad at me too. poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! You are too cute babe! I love everything about you even your neglect to our plant!(really my neglect as well) I can not wait to be right at your side watering with you my honey. I am convinced with all my heart that this will be the best year of our lives!!! I love you endlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how you and I get when something is truly and deeply hilarious....but only to the two of us? Our magical sisterly bond that somehow connects our giggles with a trip wire so that when one of us begins giggling, the other automatically starts as well?
    You ought to be laughing right now, because when I began reading this I was laughing obnoxiously loudly in public.
    You're my darling. :) Giggle with me, my love!

    ReplyDelete