10.04.2010

that Friday.


 Let us always remember that Friday morning we slept late and ate blueberry pancakes for breakfast. You can remember how good they tasted, and I can remember how sweet you were to eat mangled pancakes (because I have not mastered flipping them). We can both remember how happy we were to not be at work, and we can also remember how often I commented, “I should be at work right now…” and then you would call me the cutest girl and say you were very glad I wasn’t. 


  Let us always remember that Friday afternoon we spent hiking at Devil’s Lake. You can remember how I let you climb on the rocks, and I can remember how many times you told me I looked pretty and how those words combined with your brilliant blue eyes made my heart flutter. We can both remember how we chased leaves and sunshine all afternoon, and we can also remember how you gave me a piggy back ride at the end because I was so tired (this may become a yearly tradition).



  Let us always remember that Friday evening we ate Thai food and played Scrabble all night long. You can remember the happiness in my eyes, and I can remember how very glad I was to have you all to myself. We can both remember spending the night in a luxurious hotel five minutes from our house, and we can also remember how many trips we made, laughing and in our pajamas, back to the house because we forgot almost everything important. 

 
Let us always remember that Friday we spent exclusively and completely together without any interruptions or distractions. You can remember how well you pulled off each surprise, and I can remember how I became more convinced than ever that you are and always will be the sweetest man that ever lived. We can both remember how we decided that every day should be like that Friday, and we can also remember that the fact that every day is NOT like that Friday is what makes that Friday so very special.

3 comments:

  1. I follow your blog. I have for some time now, and I saw you at church on Sunday...just a few feet away. It was like seeing a celebrity! I also went to Devil's Lake this weekend. You inspire me. You are designing something for me....someday :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you honey! You have captured my heart! I am yours and you are mine. This is the life I have dreamed about. Time spent with you is the perfection of any given moment!!!

    Your my blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel: Why, thank you! :) You're so sweet. Next time you see me in church you should introduce yourself. I'd love to meet you! Let's be friends. :)

    Timmy: I love being your blossom.

    ReplyDelete